Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Arabesque Belly Dance final hafla of 2010


While this blog has set fallow for quite a while, that doesn't mean there's been nothing going on (either with local belly dance or my photographing of it). Most of the belly dance shots I have been doing have ended up on either my other blog - upyourasa.com - or my website - mikasiphotography.com.



While their next hafla is not scheduled till March, Sonya (owner of Arabesque) said they would be doing more shows instead of haflas next year. So you can count on more things happening there after the new year begins.



The stage lighting at Arabesque is a lot better than at other studio venues. The trick is catching the dancers while they are in the lights. For my part, I have to make sure to shoot faster for their next hafla. Too slow of a shutter speed made for too many blurred shots in this set. Also, I have a new plan for color balancing at their hafla - which is sometime in March.



Enjoy the pictures. Gank what you need. And drop a line if I can help you with something.
M.

No comments: