Saturday, March 28, 2009

MidNight Tribe with Mother Grove at Ballydoyle Downers Grove

Click on the picture above to see the photo set.

Thanks to the women of MidNight Tribe, a tribal fusion belly dance troupe from Chicago's northwest suburbs for inviting me to this gig.

The Ballydoyle in Downers Grove is no small place... not unless you pack it full of a Celtic band - Indianapolis' own Mother Grove - a troupe of belly dancers and a huge group of folks who destined to enjoy themselves.

Manoeuvring the crowd was tough and there simply weren't a lot of angles to shoot from. But I did what I could.

I even tried a new shooting style to see if I could take advantage of the band's lighting. For a first attempt it worked pretty well.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the pictures - and ladies, thanks again for the invite.

Mikasi

No comments: